MagiC Carpets Platform
Diyalog and the Mahalla Festival became partner of the MagiC Carpets platform in May 2022.
MagiC Carpets platform is an opportunity for cultural organizations to engage in artist residencies and collaborate with other European organizations specifically in the field of artist development, participating in carefully designed international mobility schemes, opening new opportunities for exchange, learning and creation.
MagiC Carpets unites 16 cultural organizations from EU and candidate countries, and is intended for traveling emerging artists to work in a socially engaged and responsible art field (visual art, public art, community art, exhibitions, performances, documentary theatre, online art, etc.) to research and to implement new productions together with local artists and local communities.
Over the first co-funding period in 2017–2021, the platform has developed curatorial practices and methods based on story-telling, inclusive and co-creative processes with around 150 emerging artists sent on residencies to partner countries or who (due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions) completed residencies in their home countries, working with local communities. Awarded with a second three-year EU “Creative Europe” co-funding (2022–2025), MagiC Carpets platform aims to support small-scale initiatives in the NGO sector, including cultural organizations, artists and cultural professionals, in order to help build their resilience and recover after the global Covid-19 pandemic and the impact of the war in Ukraine.
All of the platform members have an interest in developing activities that involve emerging talents (curators and artists) through a programme of residencies with the inclusion of local communities and working in public spaces.
MagiC Carpets is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
- Kaunas Biennial (Kaunas / Lithuania) – Coordinating Entity
- Diyalog Derneği (Istanbul / Turkey)
- Folkestone Fringe (Folkestone / UK)
- IDEIAS EMERGENTES – Produção Cultural, CRL (Porto (Guimarães) / Portugal)
- Jam Factory Art Centre (Lviv / Ukraine)
- Lab852 d.o.o. za promidžbu (Zagreb / Croatia)
- Latitudo Srl (Rome / Italy)
- META Cultural Foundation (Bucharest (Slon) / Romania)
- New Theatre Institute of Latvia (Riga / Latvia),
- Novo Kulturno Naselje (Novi Sad / Serbia)
- OPENART, Örebro Kommun (Örebro / Sweden)
- Openspace.Innsbruck (Innsbruck / Austria)
- Sihtasutus Tartu 2024 (Tartu / Estonia)
- Tbilisi International Photo Festival (Tbilisi / Georgia)
- Trempo (Nantes / France)
- Wrocławski Instytut Kultury (Wroclaw / Poland)
Photos by Gintare Zaltauskaite