DIYALOG initiated 2012 the online platform InEnArt. InEnArt – as a product of DIYALOG – aims to improve communication and artistic production of existing initiatives in the cultural field.
Projects created, developed or organized by DIYALOG between 2012 and 2022 include:
- Mahalla Festival, an emerging network of global players working in the field of arts and culture focusing on the current migration flow. The first festival took place in the frame of parallel events of the 15th Istanbul Biennial between September 13 and October 20. In November 2018 the Mahalla Festival took place on the occasion of Valletta Cultural Capital of Europa in Malta. The last Mahalla Festival took place in Kurtuluş, Istanbul under the theme Palimpsest in the frame of parallel events of the 17th Istanbul Biennial 2022.
- Searching Traces in partnership with the Goethe-Institut, Allianz Kulturstiftung and others is hosting a serial of educational events for local communities and third country nationals in Turkey, Iraq and Malta.
- StreetWalking is the video magazine of diyalog and reflects the urban methamorphosis based on topics like culture, politics, social values, migration and cultural identity.
- Tightrope Walking refers to the funambulist Philippe Petit crossing illegally the space between the two towers of the World Trade Center in 1974.
- The first ever Three-Sided Football match in Turkey in the frame of parallel events of the 13th International Istanbul Biennial on September 14th 2013.
- Urban Voices, a reflection of culture whose values and norms of behavior deviate from those of mainstream society, as we find it in the daily capuling protests in Turkey in 2013.
- Sea Elephant Travel Agency launched May 2013 in memory of Hüseyin B. Alptekin and offering an open forum that focusses on inter-actions of variety of populations and cultures in the Black Sea Region.
- Istanbul Design Week, the InEnArt-Team and the Institute for Arts and Media Management (FU Berlin) produced Videos of central events, interviews with designers and Multimedia introductions of Venues of the Istanbul Design week organized by Dream Design Factory.
Projects in the fields of adult education, video training and media documentation:
- Factuals for Future 2022/2023, this project, selected through InnovAiR@VDC, is focusing on teaching a diverse group of adults to produce short video-films reflecting about their personal environment, biodiversity and cultural diversity in Malta and beyond.
- 2020 / 2022 – To cope with the hygiene rules of the pandemic DIYALOG developed and implemented digital tools for online adult training to overcome self-isolation, demobilization and paralysis: Online Video Workshop supported by the Canadian Embassy Ankara, German Consulate General Istanbul, Anna-Lindh Foundation and others.
- 2018 – Searching Traces, organizing and implementation of a video workshop series for participants with and without migration background in Malta funded by Vodafon Malta Foundation and Allianz Kulturstiftung Germany, in cooperation with Sustainable Design Collective, Malta
- 2016 – In The Dark Times, video documentation about Syrian migrants in Istanbul with a support by the Goethe-Institut Istanbul
- 2015 – Video Workshop in Erbil, Northern Iraq in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Iraq and the Salahaddin University Erbil
- 2015 – Forum on Culture and Humanitarian Relief, Amman – organized and funded by the Goethe-Institut Ammann; video documentation
- 2014/2015 – Searching Traces Workshop Series (theater, dance, video) with participants with and without migration background in Istanbul supported by the Goethe-Institut Istanbul
- 2013 – Video Training for Journalist in Afghanistan, supported and implemented in cooperation with the Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation Kabul and the Goethe-Institut Kabul
EU-funded projects with the participation of diyalog:
- 2022 / 2024 – Participation into Magic Carpets, a Creative Europe platform organized by Kaunas Biennial, Lithuania, uniting 15 European cultural organisations that create opportunities for emerging artists to embark on journeys to unknown lands and to create, together with local artists and local communities, new works that highlight local specificities and compensate for the shortage of story-telling existing in modern society by enhancing cultural accessibility, cultural activism and participation.
- 2022 / 2023 – Cooperation partner with Crooked House Theatre, a theatre-making organisation in Newbridge, Ireland. They train young drama facilitators and leaders to work with youth groups on themes of social justice, equality, and human rights, wellbeing, and democratic processes. A project run in compliance with the principles and objectives of the European Solidarity Corps Program.
- 2021 – Participation into Suitable Citizen, this social engaged program forms part of Citizens Acting on the Margins: Arts as Social Sculpture (AMASS) a Horizon 2020 funded project, organized by the University of Malta: video coaching and video documentation of the program in Malta.
- 2010 – Participation into Yollarda – European Literature Goes to Turkey, Turkish Literature Goes to Europe implemented and organized by the Goethe-Institut Istanbul supported by the Cultural Bridges program of the EU; video workshops under the title Entropy TV with students at the Universities of Trabzon, Ankara, Izmir and Mersin. Video documentation of the program with special recognition of the activities implemented by diyalog by the EU Commission.